The global economy continued to recover in the second quarter helped by the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines, U.S. fiscal stimulus programs and supportive monetary policies from the Fed and other major central banks.
SECOND QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- • S&P/TSX Composite hits an all-time high of 20,295.2 on June 16th
- • S&P 500 hits record high of 4,302.43 on June 30th
- • Canadian dollar hits 6-year high of $0.8328 USD on May 31st
- • WTI Oil hits 32-month high on June 25th closing at $74.05 USD
- • Bank of Canada maintains overnight rate at 0.25% in Q2