Markets in the first quarter of 2021 have been marked by ongoing volatility as the world recovers from the negative effect of the first waves of the COVID-19 pandemic.
FIRST QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- • S&P/TSX Composite hits an all-time high of 19,037.1 on March 17th
- • S&P 500 hits record high of 3,994.41 on March 31st
- • Canadian dollar hits 3-year high of $0.8097 USD on January 3rd
- • WTI Oil hits 23-month high on March 5th closing at $66.42 USD
- • Bank of Canada maintains overnight rate at 0.25% in Q1