Q2 was another strong quarter for investors with positive equity market returns and stable bond yields. The U.S., Canadian, and global equities closed the quarter and first half of 2023 positively, with technology being the leading sector.
SECOND QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- • S&P/TSX Composite range bound closing at 20,155.30 on June 30th
- • S&P 500 hits 8-month high of 4,448.47 on June 16th
- • Canadian dollar hits 10-month high of $0.7624 USD on June 26th
- • WTI Oil range bound closing the quarter at $70.64 USD on June 30th
- • Bank of Canada increases overnight rate by 0.25% to 4.75% in Q2