It was an eventful quarter. Lingering inflation, tightening central bank policy, high oil prices and geopolitical tensions were top of mind for investors. U.S., Canadian and global equities swung back and forth on market volatility, one moment bullishly coping and the next turning bearish, before ending Q2 in the doldrums.
SECOND QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- • S&P/TSX Composite hits year-to-date low of 18,661.50 on June 23rd
- • S&P 500 hits 12-month low of 3,636.87on June 17th
- • Canadian dollar hits 20-month low of $0.7646 USD on June 17th
- • WTI Oil maintains 14-year highs at $123.18 USD on June 8th
- • Bank of Canada increased overnight rate by 1.00% to 1.50% in Q2