Investors experienced a turbulent ride in 2022. Inflation, central bank rate hikes, oil prices, supply chain disruptions and the Russia-Ukraine conflict cast a long shadow on markets, causing extreme volatility and dominating financial headlines 24/7.
FOURTH QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- • S&P/TSX Composite hits 19 month low of 18,111.60 on October 12th
- • S&P 500 hits 23-month low of 3,573.86 on October 12th
- • Canadian dollar hits 29-month low of $0.7216 USD on Oct 16th
- • WTI Oil drops 43.1% from June high hitting $70.08 USD on Dec 9th
- • Bank of Canada increased overnight rate by 1.00% to 4.25% in Q4